Notes from the Principal's Desk: May 12, 2022
We would like to thank everyone who attended Mass today and participated in our May Crowning. It was wonderful to see the second-grade students in the First Communion clothes and have them join the third through eighth-grade students in receiving the sacrament. In a special way, we would like to thank, Sr. Mary Catherine, Ms. Paranzino, and Fr. Gough for organizing the May crowning.
I also like to thank everyone for their flexibility and patience as we navigate this most recent COVID surge. Currently, we have 12 students who are positive for COVID. Below I share our most recent COVID dashboard.
Annual Fund Class Participation Challenge Pizza Party
Next Wednesday is the Annual Fund Class Participation Challenge Pizza Party! Right now, the homerooms in the lead are:
1A and 4B.
6B and 8A are tied in the Middle School!
To make a gift and help your student win a Pizza Party, you may donate here:
Exams will be held from Monday, May 23rd through Thursday, May 26th. Teachers will begin to review for exams next week, at which time students will begin to receive their review packets. The exam schedule is as follows.
3rd Grade- 8:03-9:03 (60 min per exam)
Tuesday, 24th - Math
Wednesday, 25th- ELA
4th Grade- 8:03-9:03 (60 min per exam)
Monday, 23rd - Review
Tuesday, 24th - ELA
Wednesday, 25 - Math
Note: Social Studies will be a performance task for term 3- Wednesday, May 25th.
5th Grade- 8:03-9:03 (60 min per exam)
Monday, 23rd - Math
Tuesday, 24th - ELA
Wednesday, 25th - Science
Thursday, 26th - Social Studies
Grades 6-8 (90 min per exam)
Monday, 23rd - ELA
Tuesday, 24th - Math/Modern Language
Wednesday, 25th - Social Studies & Religion
Thursday, 26th - Science
Spirit Week Schedule
Next week we celebrate Spirit Week. This week is filled with Dress Down Days Monday through Friday. The student council has developed a theme for each day.
Please make sure your child wears their athletic shoes since we will still have gym and recess. A reminder that shorts should be no shorter than mid-thigh and flip-flops, crocs, and sandals are not allowed.
Field DaySpirit culminates in Field Day which is Friday, May 20th with a rain date of June 6th. We are in of parent volunteers for field day which lasts from 8 AM until 11:30 AM. If you are available to volunteer please contact Mr. Bush, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Faith in Focus Leadership Conference: June 13th
- Middle School to attend at 10:30 AM
- Parish Center Conference Rooms 101-103
- Spirit Week - May 16th-20th
- Mr. Miller working with Student Council on each day's theme
- Field Day - Friday, 20th 8 AM- 11:30 AM
- S.C. elections in the afternoon
- Video Speeches and voting on Google
- Rain Date Monday, June 6th this is a revised date
- 8th Grade Graduation
- Graduation rehearsal: Tuesday, 31st: 12:30 PM - 1:30 PM
- 8th Grade Awards Ceremony: June 1st: 9 - 11:30
- 9 - 9:45 AM : Awards ceremony in the gym
- 10 -11:00ish AM: Brunch in the cafeteria for gr. 6-8
- 11ish - 11:30 AM: 8th Grade Video (just 8th grade)
- 8th Grade Hershey Park Trip: June 2nd: 8 AM - 6 PM
- 8th Grade Graduation: June 3rd: 3:30
- Faculty/staff report at 3:15. Assemble in the Narthex for the procession.
- Students Report 2:30 in the Undercroft
- Kindergarten - 7th Grade Awards/Promotion Ceremony
- Wednesday, June 8th
- 9:15 - 10:30 AM in the homerooms
- Parents are invited
Dr. Michael Wright