The Archdiocese of Baltimore is committed to providing quality, healthy ministry for all persons, particularly for our children and youth.
All volunteers are required to complete VIRTUS screening and training.
One of the best ways for parents to get involved at Cathedral is to head a committee, or volunteer with one. There is something for every interest, and every role helps support and enrich student life! Learn about various event volunteer opportunities through the Cathedral School Parents Association (CASPA).
NEW Parent Ambassador
The Parent Ambassador Program is an opportunity for parents to team up and work with the Admissions team to build relationships with prospective families. We are looking for Parent Ambassadors who would like to assist us in the following ways:
- Be present at school and parish events including Open Houses
- Be advocates to potential new families
- Talk to prospective families interested in learning more about SCMOQ or who are seeking admission and offer a smooth transition into the enrollment process
- Assist us with social media to best reach families
Interested? Sign up here
Classroom Parent is a secure, online directory that CASPA maintains for use by all parents. Parents are encouraged to register in order to edit their own information, print a school directly, contact other families, and sign up to volunteer for activities.
How to Register on Classroom Parent
- On the Classroom Parent website, click sign up in the upper-right-hand corner.
- When prompted to enter your username, enter your email address that you have provided for the school directory.
- Choose a password.
- The system will “Congratulate” you when you have successfully signed up!
Edit My Information on Classroom Parent
- Once logged in, click on your name in the upper right hand corner (It will say “Hi [your name]”). Your contact information and preferences will appear.
- To change or add information, click on “EDIT.”
- To edit email settings, click "Privacy and Notification Settings," then, "Email Settings."
Sign Up to Volunteer
- Click on the “VOLUNTEERING” tab and all events that are related to your child’s homeroom and grade will show up. You may then click on “SIGN UP” to volunteer.
- Another way to sign up is to go to the “CLASSROOMS” tab and click on your child’s classroom (i.e. 3B). Click on “VOLUNTEERS NEEDED” (in red) and sign up.
- To see events that pertain to an entire grade (i.e. bake sale), go to the “GRADES” tab and click on your child’s grade. Click on “VOLUNTEERS NEEDED” (in red) and sign up.
- A reminder email will be sent out to all parents, who have a current email and who have not unsubscribed to Classroom Parent, the Sunday 2 weeks before the event. Parents may then click on “volunteers needed” through this email to sign up. Slots may already be filled at this point but you will be given the opportunity to see if there are any available volunteer openings.